Our mission is to utilize the wonderful and unique game of Pinball for the social enrichment, skill development and education of kids and young adults.
- Opportunities for both individual focused skill development and more social group play.
- Uniquely integrates kinesthetic, visual, and auditory components in a game format.
- Encourages fine motor, gross motor, motor planning, visual motor, and bilateral coordination skill development through play.
- Nostalgic Appeal: Generations can be brought together sharing a pastime they once enjoyed as kids.
- Easily Accessible: Community access through local arcades, museums, etc.
and … its fun for the whole family.
What We Do
- Partner with events to engage the general public for awareness and new client discovery.
- Procure, place, and maintain pinball machines at children’s rehabilitation hospitals, out-patient centers and schools.
- Establish certified training and mentoring programs for community-based pinball locations that educate families about the therapeutic benefits of pinball play.
- Assist in academic research.
- Place pinball machines with families that have a child with Autism or Down’s Syndrome.
Our Current Initiatives
Flippin’ for Autism
- Flippin’ for Autism is focused on making pinball more accessible both publicly and privately for people with autism and to provide targeted education to community pinball locations and professional treatment centers regarding the therapeutic use of pinball.
- Inspired by the personal achievements of individuals like Robert Gagno, (see story link here), we are excited to give greater access to other individuals and groups who can utilize pinball to achieve greater function in daily life.
The Center for Pinball Education
- In 2017, we will be opening a flagship location in Frederick, Maryland (just outside Washington D.C.) for school field trips, professional training, outreach programs, and data collection. The center will function as the hub for our professional training and outreach programs, provide direct therapeutic/educational pinball access to our target population as well as the general public, and enable us to begin to partner with local institutions to collect data and validate the therapeutic use of pinball as an evidence based treatment.
How You Can Help
We need your help and your support to help make Pinball available as a therapeutic (and educational) tool for children and young adults. Check out a few of our inspirations and see first-hand just how pinball is impacting and changing lives one person at a time with Cristin Gasson’s story of how she and her son utilize the game of pinball. Your donations will make it possible for similar stories of education and therapy/healing to become a reality. We currently have an on-going Pinball Raffle for a chance to win a brand new pinball machine each drawing. Please take a moment and consider showing your support of Pinball EDU with a donation. And, please feel free to contact us at anytime should you have any questions (or even ideas for further supporting the cause). Thank you kindly.
Pinball Raffle Drawing
Enter Raffle to Win a Brand NEW Pinball Machine! Learn More >>